Thursday, October 22, 2009

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball

Video Box Break and Review

One retail blaster of 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter baseball
8 packs per box, six cards per pack (Paid $19.99 plus tax)

The Video


The Pulls


Base set: 24/300 (8%)

Short Prints: 4/50 (8%)

Parallels
3 Base Minis (one per pack, 300 cards) T.Glaus, S.Kazmir, I.Snell
1 A&G Ad Back Base Mini (1:5 packs, 300 cards) R.Halladay
1 A&G Ad Back Short Print Mini (1:65 packs, 50 cards) C.Gomez
1 Black Bordered Base Mini (1:10 packs, 300 cards) M.Phelps

Inserts

8 National Pride (one per pack, 75 cards)
1 Baseball Highlights Sketches (1:6 packs, 25 cards) M.Rivera
1 National Heroes (1:12 packs, 40 cards) W.Tell
1 World's Biggest Hoaxes, Hoodwinks & Bamboozles (1:12 packs, 20 cards) The Turk

Autogamers

1 Framed Relic Group C (1:108 packs) F.Lewis Bat

The Review

What more can you about A&G that hasn't already been said. It's a collector's favorite and for good reasons. The cards are beautiful as usual although I wonder at what point Topps will have to drastically alter the basic design as every A&G set is starting to look the same. While we're on the subject of design, why does Topps insist on typing out everyone's stats on the back in letters? For example Batting Average Three hundred twenty-one. Does anybody read these? It just makes the backs useless. If they are not going to print stats why not just a short write up? The base set is relatively easy and inexpensive to collect. Good luck if you are going after the short prints or a master set of all the inserts, minis, variations which, to me, have been overdone.

6 comments:

Duane said...

Jeff

I don't know what you are doing with the minis but I could use the Glaus mini...I have a few of the 09 Goudeys that you need

Duane

Jeffrey Wolfe said...

I'd be happy to send you the Glaus for any Goudey you can help me with. Send me your addy
jeffwolfe2001@yahoo.com

Sharpe said...

Typed out stats, in my best guess, mimic the orginal A&G sets. Not that I've seen one of the originals, but that's my guess.

Also probably the same reason they all look the same. There probably wasn't a ton of innovation on design back in the day.

I'm going to go through your Goudey list as well.

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Today I played at this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Play Ps3 tournaments for cash[/url]
They say you can play online NHL game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Yesterday I discovered this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Wii tournaments for money[/url]
They say you can play online EA sports game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Today I had fun with this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Wii Live Tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online Fight Night game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?