Saturday, March 6, 2010

2010 Topps Heritage Baseball

Our long national nightmare is over. Heritage racks have hit Target and here's my first pack of the year...Hey I got an extra card! Bonus! And talk about retro I didn't pull any inserts. I can't remember the last time that's happened. As many others have noticed for some reason Topps really "softened" the photos on these, especially the backgrounds rather than "washing them out" as they have in Heritage sets of the past. I'm not sure how I feel about this. It doesn't really make them look like 1961 cards as much as it makes them look more like all the other retro sets that are clogging the market right now. But I give Topps major credit for remaining faithful to a plain but beautiful design and I absolutely love the gray cardboard backs. I can't wait to rip a blaster. Also on a side note I tried the gum and it's slightly better than last year's although that's really damning with faint praise.

No comments: