Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My First Packs of '09 Heritage Baseball


So after reading this and this I giddily stopped by Target today and surely enough found two shiny new untouched still shrink wrapped retail boxes sitting innocently enough on the bottom shelf of the card aisle, not even priced. Sorta like they just came in and they just squeezed 'em in somewhere. So after pondering whether I should just grab some Topps or be daring and be the first to bust the box, temptation won out and I knelt down and ripped the box open as unsuspicously as I possibly could. Not trying to attract too much attention by digging around I resisted scooping all the way down to the bottom of the box (where the Mayo inserts no doubt were) and I simply grabbed the first three packs on the top left and proceeded to the checkstand with my rare prize, unsearched retail packs of Heritage. To my utter astonishment not only did packs scan correctly (2.99 each) but the cashier didn't even give me that "what the hell are these look" I usually get when I buy baseball cards at Tar-jay. By the time you read this I will be ripping into these suckers with glee, the video of which should appear here within the hour. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude i always get the what the hell are these look at tarjay all the time!! too funny!