Monday, March 9, 2009

Review: Topps 3D Live

So after hearing about this I gave it a try this morning and it was actually really cool. Basically what you do is go to ToppsTown.com, download D'Fusion, click on a player's name, hold his ToppsTown card up in front of your webcam and bam! Instant interactive 3D avatar of the player standing on the card. It really works! They have some games you can play. I used Ichiro and had him run back and forth catching little baseballs dropping from the top of screen (wasn't very good at it) and then I tried my luck at hitting with Miguel Cabrera. Once I got the timing down I was crushing homers but there wasn't much to it. I got bored after a few minutes. There is only a small list of players so far but I'm sure at some point they will have all the ToppsTown cards available for play and perhaps some more interesting games. Sadly, I couldn't record any of this on my webcam because apparently you can't run D'Fusion and record on your webcam at the same time. Anyways, I could see this being a HUGE hit with the kids. Topps may be onto something really big here. I give Topps big ups for trying something different.

1 comment:

night owl said...

I do think kids will like it.

I have no interest (or a webcam).